Hello friends! As you may have noticed, it’s been a while since we posted anything on here and that’s because life has been super hectic with both of us in graduate school. That doesn’t mean we haven’t been up to exciting things and now that the stress of last semester is behind us, we really wanted to start blogging again. We just miss it. So without boring you any further, I thought we would dive right in with a new recipe. This soup is a delicious Lebanese staple, nutritious, and very easy to make. You can certainly make it on the stove top if you wish but this almost hands-off version made in the Instant Pot delivers the same flavor while you can run around and check things off your to-do list. Anytime you can have a healthy homemade meal without having to be in the kitchen while it cooks is a win-win in my book.
Instant Pot Creamy Red Lentil Soup
2 cups rinsed red lentils
1 medium onion, diced
3 medium carrots diced
3 celery stalks, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
8 cups water/vegetable stock
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (more for serving)
parsley for garnish
- In the instant pot, drizzle a bit of olive oil and put on “Sauté” mode for 10 minutes. Sauté the diced onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic.
- Add in the rinsed red lentils, cumin, salt, pepper, and water/vegetable stock.
- Turn the Instant Pot on “Soup” mode for 30 minutes. Once it beeps and the valve is released stir the soup, season to your liking with fresh lemon juice and additional salt if necessary.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender until creamy and smooth.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle with quality olive oil, and garnish with parsley. Serve with a side of fresh crusty bread or .
If you try this recipe and like it, we would love it if you would share or leave a comment below. For more related content, you can find us on Instagram where we share more of our day-to-day and Pinterest where we share our ideas and inspiration. And as always…